Generic Zovirax is intended for local and systemic use in patients with such diseases:
- Infectious diseases of the skin and mucous membranes caused by the herpes virus type I and II, including for the treatment of primary genital herpes and its relapses;
- Infectious diseases caused by the virus of chicken pox and herpes zoster;
- Type I and II herpetic infection in newborns;
- The drug is also used to prevent infectious diseases caused by the herpes simplex virus in patients with immunodeficiency;
- For the prevention of cytomegalovirus infection in bone marrow transplantation operations.
How to take Generic Zovirax
The drug is used topically. A small amount of cream is applied to the affected areas up to 5 times a day. The course of treatment is usually 4 days. If necessary, the duration of the course of treatment can be increased to 10 days.